Saturday, July 25, 2009

8 Days Away - Song of the Day

The song of the day for today comes from a band whom I have had the pleasure of seeing live -- The Redwalls. They opened for Rooney at a show in November of '08 that I attended. I hadn't heard of them before, and didn't expect much since openers tend to be kinda ehhh. But, I was pleasantly surprised.

I couldn't find an already existing mp3 of any of their songs, so here's a link to their last.fm page for their song "Falling Down."


I like The Redwalls because they aren't a huge departure from my favorite genres, yet they are still a little different. I'd say they sound a little bluesy, kinda Beatles-eque, but with a Bob Dylan-ish voice thrown in.

Today's prep: more of the same. I'll probably start packing a little bit because I JUST CAN'T WAIT! I probably won't go as far as putting clothes in my suitcase, but you never know.

Have a Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment