Wednesday, July 22, 2009

11 Days Away - EL PLAN

Let the records indicate that Elisa Arnaud is a creep.

Since I don't have much to write about (yet), I'll share the basic plans for my trip as they stand right now. I should also mention that the whole point of this trip is to visit/hang out with my godsister, Yuri, so when I say "we," I mean Yuri and I. Anyway, here's the plan, subject to change:

On August 2nd I'll be flying into Chicago. Originally I was supposed to be getting there around dinnertime, but I'm actually getting there a few hours earlier than that, so I have no idea what we'll do with the extra time. We'll be in the city for about three days or so, visiting museums, sightseeing, shopping and of course EATING!

On the fourth day we will be starting our road trip. We're going to leave Chi-town and make our way to St. Louis. After STL, we are going to grace Oklahoma City, Albuquerque, and finally Tucson with our presence, arriving home around August 7th. We'll be hitting up some good restaurants on the way, so I'll be sure to write about that. Aside from that, I don't expect OK City and Albuquerque to be terribly exciting (no offense), but we want to avoid a Texas Chainsaw Massacre-like situation, so we'll be sticking to the biggest cities that are on the way.

Anyway, I hope to be posting a lot of pictures and possibly video during my travels. I've never done this before, but I'm pretty excited (if starting my travel journal 11 days early doesn't say that enough). I have high hopes for this journal. And the trip, of course.

I don't know if anyone really reads this, but in closing, I shall pose some questions...
- Is there anything fun that we should do in the cities we'll be visiting (Chicago, St. Louis, OK City, and Albuquerque for those of you who weren't paying attention)?
- Are there any specific subject areas that I should focus on (e.g., restaurants, shopping, entertainment) for your reading pleasure? Otherwise, I'll be writing about whatever I feel like.

6 comments:

  1. Who is this trip with? Just for fun? I have never been to Chicago. If you have money go to the top of the Mississippi doorway in St Louis. OK will be surprisingly more beautiful than you expect...at least the countryside was more beautiful than I expected.

    Focus on cultural things you notice from your experience. That's always fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey AnaLee,
    This trip is just for fun. I'm going with my godsister, who is so close with my family that she's basically my sister. She went to law school in Chicago, but she's going to be working in California. So basically I'm going up to Chicago to hang out with her when she's done with the BAR exam, and we're going to take her car down to Tucson. But after that, she's going to continue to California to move in to her place.

    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely keep them in mind when I'm finally outta here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say talk about the restaurants and the food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ben,
    Being that I am a foodie myself, I will definitely be focusing pretty heavily on food! But I thought it might be interesting to throw some other things into the mix since not everyone loves food as much as we do. I promise to take intense pics of everything I eat though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!!!! i can wait to see what you eat and yes i agree on the foodie comment, i love being a foodie! and all the amazing food out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I AM NOT A CREEP.

    Ok my advice: locations, restaurants: Michigan Ave, Magnificent Mile, Millenium park (The Bean! if i don't see a bean pic i'll be upset), Art Institute, Field Museum, Shed Aquarium, Sears Tower (GLASS BOXES!!!), Greektown, Giordano's (deep dish is a must...dont get thin crust!)

    I don't recommend Grant Park. Kinda boring.

    I can't think of anything else. I'll get back to you.

    -E

    ReplyDelete