Thursday, July 23, 2009

10 Days Away - Song of the Day

Given that this is a travel journal and I have not yet left for Chicago, I have to get a little creative to be sure that I update this every day and build some suspense!

I now present to you... THE SONG OF THE DAY! (thanks to Ben for the idea)

Every day until I leave, or at least almost every day, I will be highlighting a song by a musical group or artist hailing from Chicago. Let me tell you, Chi-town has cranked out quite a few noteworthy musicians. So, on to today's artist and song. (thanks to Elisa for helping me find a place where I can stream mp3's)

EARTH, WIND & FIRE - "Let's Groove"


I love this song for so many reasons. I remember the first time I heard this, I had trouble believing it was as old as it was. There's something about it that sounds really contemporary, but it still has that soul that is hard to find in music today. Plus, it has cowbell. It's hard to be mad about anything when listening to this because it's so fun to groove to. One of my all-time faves.

In other news, there really isn't any. Today is just another day in the countdown, and I will spend most of it working out, eating, or writing future material for this journal (I dislike the word "blog" so I avoid using it at all costs. In fact that's the first and last time I'll ever use it, since I only use it when talking about how much I dislike it). Exciting, I know.

Anyway, that's all for now. Take care.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you find my blog interesting haha. I'm enjoying yours too! :) Newlyidentified is all about transitional period in your life when you're experiencing something new...so going to college for the first time also applies :) haha Keep up your blog (even though you don't like that term). Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete