Monday, July 27, 2009

6 Days Away - Food TV and Library Trip

Hello everyone. There won't be a song of the day today because I didn't pick one. Oops.

Today is exciting because there's a new episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on the Food Network tonight that is going to feature Mama E's Wings and Waffles, which is a restaurant that we're actually going to visit in Oklahoma City! Perfect timing, right? I can't wait to see it.

In other news, I just downloaded a bunch of movies for my plane ride. I'm considering heading to the library to pick up a few good reads in case I get sick of watching movies. It's just kind of a pain because I used to live really close to a library, and I don't anymore. I always seem to forget my due dates too. Anyway, I think that more people should go to the library instead of buying books. I mean, our tax dollars are paying for it and it's free, so you might as well. Plus, people don't read enough these days (or if they do, it's stuff like Twilight... ugh). But I digress.

At any rate, are there any good books or movies that you'd recommend? I'm pretty picky about books; I like to read good writing and a good story (I find that most books sacrifice one or the other), mostly fiction, but I find nonfiction interesting too. As far as movies, I am partial to comedies, but I'm open minded to all kinds except horror. I'm looking forward to checking out suggestions.

3 comments:

  1. Last Chance Harvey isnt a bad movie if you havent seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Looking for Alaska recently.. that was really good. A Mango Shaped Space is interesting as well.

    Coraline and Mirror Mask are some cool movies, if you haven't seen them yet... Also, Benny and Joon is really cute. One of those old Johnny Depp movies... One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved MaMa E's!
    http://eatingtheroad.wordpress.com/2009/11/20/mama-es-wing-waffles/

    ReplyDelete