Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 4 - STL


Sorry I have been a little remiss in updating. I'm going to catch up though.

Day 4 meant no more Chicago. Instead we woke up to beautiful St. Louis. Because we got there so late, we had trouble waking up early. By the time we were packed and ready, it was lunchtime. So, we went to Pappy's Smokehouse.


Left: beef brisket sandwich, green beans, baked beans. Right: pulled pork sandwich, sweet potato fries, cole slaw.

This BBQ house changed my life! The brisket was just the way I like it, the green beans fresh, and the baked beans sweet but not too sweet. The cole slaw was perfect and not watery like most cole slaws are, and the sweet potato fries were the perfect balance of salty and sweet. Also, I should mention that this place has the BEST BBQ sauce I've ever tasted in my whole life. They had bottles of it for sale; I don't know why I didn't get one! I definitely regret it now.

After lunch, we went to the Gateway Arch. Hey, you can't visit St. Louis for the first time without going to the arch, right? Following a lot of waiting and witnessing a crazy woman screaming at her kids (everyone has a bad day, but this girl was completely out of control), an enthusiastic tour guide greeted us and let us go ahead of the pack since we were only a party of two. Righteous. So, we were crammed into a tiny capsule that took us to the top of the arch.


View from the Arch

Yuri at an observation window

Anyway, that was that. It was time to be on our way and bid STL adieu. Onward to Oklahoma City!

No comments:

Post a Comment